My Favorite Books

Books I'm Reading

Shelfari: Book reviews on your book blog

Books I Plan to Read

Shelfari: Book reviews on your book blog

Books I've Read

Shelfari: Book reviews on your book blog

Sunday, August 5, 2007

Puppy by Richard Ford

This is a story about a high profile lawyer who is out of town quite a bit who is married to an AIDS activist. Someone leaves a puppy inside their gate one day.
"Early this past spring someone left a puppy inside the back gate of our house, and then never came back to get it."
The puppy is solid white, solid black.
The wife is insistent on taking it to the pound. The husband is naive and thinks someone will come looking for it. This story is about racial segregation that still exists in the South (New Orleans)
They have circumstantial evidence that the dog came from some street kids.
This is a story for all dog lovers.

1 comment:

Shersy said...

These stories sound so different both in tone and subject - the past 5 reviewed or so. Sorry I've been gone for a while - I'm back! Have a wonderful day!