My Favorite Books

Books I'm Reading

Shelfari: Book reviews on your book blog

Books I Plan to Read

Shelfari: Book reviews on your book blog

Books I've Read

Shelfari: Book reviews on your book blog

Saturday, May 24, 2008

Chicago -- Part 2

Thursday was spent at the conference. We were in the Art Institute of Chicago in a room called the Chicago Stock Exchange Room. The room was a replica of the original room when Chicago also had a trading room as does the New York Stock Exchange. While we were there it was around the 50s and the temperature inside was cooler as the air conditioning was on. At least it kept us awake!
The night before we went to a restaurant called Harry Careys and was quite the feast. But my steak at the restaurant Thursday night was THE best steak I have ever had in my life. I passed on the after dinner bar hopping and enjoyed the sights and sounds of the city. Friday morning I took some pictures and enjoyed seeing a lot of the architecture of Chicago. I found a couple of books that have way better pictures than I could ever take! We got on the L one hour before we had planned to and were glad we did as a train had to be manually pulled off the train which took about an hour. We breezed through security and had an uneventful flight back.
Chicago was a beautiful city and I look forward to future visits. My next post I will put up photos of the city.

No comments: