My Favorite Books

Books I'm Reading

Shelfari: Book reviews on your book blog

Books I Plan to Read

Shelfari: Book reviews on your book blog

Books I've Read

Shelfari: Book reviews on your book blog

Wednesday, April 23, 2008

Catch up

Well, I guess it has been awhile since I last blogged. Quite a lot has happened, but I can't remember it all. We will hopefully be getting our lot graded this weekend and the trenches for the sprinkler system dug on Monday. You know when the economy is in a recession when Kari tells me that she wants 6 to 8 square foot garden boxes. She said that she wanted extra to do some canning! She spent part of last evening drawing up a scaled drawing of our future garden boxes. She has turned into quite the culinary chef. She makes homemade bread on a regular basis as well as experiments with various recipes. It is all very yummy.
I have been working on my family history almost every night since I got my subscription. There is so much work to do and at times I sit at my computer and try and remember where I left off and where else I need to research. But it is fun and adds a little bit more drama into my life. Last night I happened to find a gem. I have been looking for the parents of four children who are listed with Mahala (who is their grandmother) I went back looking through the census images and found America. Not only did I find her, I found James B living right next door to her for 20 some odd years! Even though she had her married name I can see both she and James are living right next door to each other. I'm not sure how they are related. They could be brother and sister or cousins. I am trying to figure that out. Also, I am trying to find a Sheila Christensen here in Utah that can help with the Eastman line. I have been unsuccessful in locating someone who might have more information on the Bryan line. But I will keep plugging away.

1 comment:

Shersy said...

Thanks so much for the wonderful comments! I am excited to share this book with you when I see you next (or when it gets done) whichever comes first!:) So far I've only got one story in and not all the picture pages done yet. I can't tell you how tempted I was to send you the story - it was horrendous in its use of commas, semi-colons etc. But I slogged through. Not sure if it's all correct or not :)
I do have my first "map" done - it will be on the blog tomorrow. I haven't heard of that program you mentioned - sounds like it could be really useful. I just want to visually describe what happens in the stories - where they go - etc. This first one - he moved 15 times - the 15th being finally Salt Lake City. Then the Utah moves begin. Crazy! I did see Kari's blog and have been thinking of her all day. Special days....have special meanings. We all have those that not everyone shares. I wanted to share it in some way with her today. Give her a hug from me.
Hope the yard is comming along! I look forward to seeing pictures.

And you thought your post was long! Loves to you!